Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How To Burn Pellets In An Isert How Can I Create A Vent To Distribute Heat From My Basement Pellet Stove Throughout My House Better?

How can I create a vent to distribute heat from my basement pellet stove throughout my house better? - how to burn pellets in an isert

I have a house with 3 levels including the basement. My house has electric heating with ventilation (independently) by heat. The isolated pellet stove in the basement. My problem is that during the winter, most of our family's most important historic levels, and even when the door to the basement and crank the pellet stove, heat only at the root and is uneconomical because the pellet stove burns efficiently and profitably.
I want to create a solution for the ventilation of heat from the pellet to on my main level s (stand). 1. Is it as simple as cutting a floor grate, close to or above the pellet stove, and so the heat naturally rises and the warmth of my head or it is necessary that the heat pump?
2. How and where to install it correctly(all materials, tools and steps). The stove was in my room, and part of the room. I think it can maximize a great project for people, the distribution of heat in their homes. Thank you.

3 comments:

fergi said...

Cut a hole in the ground (between the floor joists) on the stove and the installation of a grid floor. The heat of the furnace is on through the gate into the room. If you do not circulating, you can have a ceiling fan or two to distribute heat in the house. Keep track of the size of the hole in the floor above (between the rafters), drill a half inch, and cut the bottom with a saw or a jigsaw. If there is carpet on the floor, the carpet cut with a knife first.

Anonymous said...

Do you have the transfer of the pellet stove? I would try to force into the living space. otherwise, the court in the grill is probably the best option for the second, a lateral LIV rm rm a sheet on the side and ceiling fans running otherwise it would be useful. Grids are difficult to clean large apartment, but what we are trying to do, do not know if Elec baseboard heaters or forced air?

lambcm20... said...

The heat will increase, as a fact, but it would take an active system to evenly distribute heat. For example, a house with a gas stove could be a big fire and a return of cold air near the fireplace in the winter bring, the stove is off but the fan can be turned on and would distribute the heat from the fireplace in your home or furnace filters help clean the air.

So I guess I say that if you use the canal system that is in your house and find a way to keep the air and his statement that he could solve his problem vent should look like.

Post a Comment